More Than a Place to Live —
A Place That Inspires
A serene haven on the doorstep of a city you love, Ingleside at Rock Creek gives you the best of all worlds: easy access to Washington’s numerous amenities, and a deep connection to the beauty of Rock Creek, one of the city’s most cherished natural treasures.
Engaged Living is the cornerstone of every Ingleside community, and these two simple words define our complete commitment to pledge respect, appreciation, and a sense of inclusion for all. Within the security of Ingleside at Rock Creek’s serene 14-acre campus, you’ll find all of the amenities and comforts to support an engaged and fulfilling retirement life.
Opportunities abound to pursue your passions in our state-of-the-art Center for Healthy Living; to learn through continuing education classes and other retirement community activities; to make new friends and enjoy social programs; to explore your creativity; and to join neighbors for casual, yet elegant, dining that goes far beyond the typical retirement community menu. At Ingleside at Rock Creek, the choices are yours.
Services and Amenities
The staff at Ingleside at Rock Creek is dedicated to providing unparalleled service and all of the conveniences and comforts for your ideal retirement lifestyle.
- Weekly housekeeping
- Scheduled window cleaning and other heavy housekeeping
- All interior maintenance, repairs, replacements and improvements
- Exterior maintenance, including landscaping, snow removal and mowing
- Flexible meal plan
- Modern formal dining room
- Casual bistro with al-fresco dining
- Grab and Go Cafe
- Private dining room
- Guest meals
- Catering services
Center For Healthy Living
Ingleside at Rock Creek opened a new state-of-the-art Center for Healthy Living, which includes new amenities for the entire community. The center reflects our ongoing commitment to provide residents with the resources to achieve and maintain an integrated and engaged life.
Services and Amenities
- Aerobics and yoga studio
- Fitness and weight room
- Meditation room
- Art studio
- Guest suites
- Changing and shower room
- Salon/day spa
- Multi-purpose room
- Medical clinic
- Dining Room
- Underground parking
- Community Center with free Wi-Fi for residents and visitors
- Year-round events, workshops, and programs
- A full calendar of social, recreational, educational, cultural, and spiritual programs
- Guest speakers and performers, receptions, parties, dances, classes, movies, and art exhibits
- Scheduled trips to events
- All utilities included
- Heating and air conditioning controls in each residence
- Basic cable television
- Pre-wired internet and telephone in each residence
- No real estate tax bill
- Scheduled transportation for shopping, activities, and nearby cultural and social events
- Access to bus stop in front of the campus
- Friendship Heights metro station nearby
Personal and Household Security
- 24-hour emergency response systems available in all residences
- On-site security staff
- Fire prevention systems throughout the community
- Lighted visitor parking areas
- Assigned underground parking for residential apartments
Living an optimal retirement life is about well-being, and we understand the powerful connection between eating well and living well.
Whether it’s an elegant dinner in the modern dining room, dining al-fresco at the bistro, or a casual lunch in the café, residents enjoy cuisine that features fresh, seasonal ingredients — and menus developed for maximum flavor and nutrition by our professional chef and dietitian.
Health and Wellness
Wellness is key to a happy, healthy, active retirement life. Ingleside at Rock Creek offers a variety of convenient options to make fitness fun. Enjoy a daily swim or water aerobics, join an exercise class, or work out on your own in the well-equipped Fitness Center. Take an invigorating walk right on campus or in beautiful Rock Creek Park.
Our Fitness Center includes:
- Free weights
- State-of-the-art equipment including rowing machines, stair-step machines, elliptical trainers, treadmills and stationary bikes
- Weight machine with special tension control for seniors
- Indoor heated pool with aquatics classes
- Regular wellness, fitness and health programs
- Scheduled exercise classes
- Wooded and landscaped walking paths
Independent Living Wellness Clinic
Ingleside at Rock Creek Independent Living residents have access to this state-of-the-art wellness clinic, which acts as in-house care management. A nurse practitioner is available on a weekly schedule, with a registered nurse on duty daily. A licensed mental health professional is available on a weekly schedule, with a part-time social worker.
- Obtaining medical histories
- Performing physical assessments
- Ordering lab work and x-rays
- Diagnosing and treating acute health care problems such as: infections, injuries, and prescribing medications and other treatments
- Care management
- Support services coordination
- Prescription education
- Blood pressure checks
- Blood sugar checks
- Wound care
- Staples/stitches removal
The Independent Living Wellness Clinic coordinates and partners with our on-site primary care providers—Bethesda NEWtrition and Wellness Solutions— to diagnose, treat, and monitor chronic diseases and conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, and progressive neurological disorders.
Meet the Residents
Our residents come from a wide range of personal and professional backgrounds and join together to make up this vibrant and friendly community. Here are a few of their personal stories.
Diversity and Inclusion
Ingleside at Rock Creek celebrates the beauty of our nation’s capital along with its passion, its heritage and, most importantly, its people. We embrace and promote a culture that acknowledges the diversity of every resident, their loved ones, our staff and administration, all of whom are recognized as part of the Ingleside family.
Ingleside at Rock Creek recently earned the SAGECare Platinum-level lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) cultural competency credential. SAGE is acknowledged as the foremost comprehensive, national cultural competency training program dedicated to improving lives of LGBT older adults.
The SAGE certification program is synergistic with Ingleside’s core values of inclusion, diversity and engagement, represented throughout our organization and with our mission to provide the very best person-centered care for all.