At Ingleside at King Farm, we recognize that an Alzheimer’s or dementia diagnosis is one of the last things that you want for your loved one. But our compassionate memory care team is here to help you and your family through this challenging time. We’re here to make sure that both you and your loved one have the right support.
Special Training for
Memory Care Staff
Training for our memory care staff goes beyond assistance with daily living tasks such as bathing, grooming and dressing. It includes a deeper understanding of dementia and its impact on the brain, a knowledge of how to care for the specific needs of those with memory issues, techniques for managing challenging situations and effective communication strategies. In addition, there is a special emphasis on providing a person-centered approach that honors each individual’s preferred lifestyle and unique life story.
One example of how we spark memories of each resident’s story and help create new memories is through our Music Therapy program. These individual and group sessions focus on reminiscence, engagement with others, singing, instrument play, movement with music, listening and discussion.
At Ingleside at King Farm, we’ve created an environment where individuals living with cognitive change can feel empowered and be fully engaged. Our Memory Care program includes:
Memory Care Services and Amenities
- An intimate and secure residential neighborhood
- Spacious, sun-filled residences with large windows
- An enclosed terrace, with raised gardens overlooking the courtyard
- Person-centered service plans that incorporate the seven dimensions of wellness
- Individualized therapeutic programs featuring music, art, movement, pet therapy and recreational therapy
- Holistic fitness and well-being program
- Technology-based engagement opportunities incorporated into daily life
- 24-hour licensed nursing, under the direction of a full-time registered nurse
- A caring team educated in best practices in dementia care
- All-day, flexible dining, featuring chef-inspired meals, a fully stocked kitchen and hydration stations
- Family support, education and engagement
- Social integration with the greater Ingleside community
- Access to the Ingleside Center for Healthy Living, including on-site physician offices, therapy suites, wellness center, salon and spa, and so much more
- All utilities, including basic phone and cable TV
- Daily housekeeping service
We invite you to learn more about the advantages of memory care assisted living in our not-for-profit, CARF-accredited Life Plan Community.
Is This Memory Care
Program the Right Fit?
For a short time, Ingleside at King Farm is offering a great way for you and your loved one to try our innovative memory care program. To find out more about our limited-time respite program, please call 240-205-7085.
Memory Care Floor Plans
Ingleside at King Farm offers spacious, comfortable one-bedroom memory care assisted living apartment suites. Click on the models below to review these delightful, well-designed floor plans.
All dimensions approximate. Amenities vary by apartment.